2022年5月26日木曜日

Buffalo' 66

The first movie that changed my life is Buffalo 66. This is the first film directed by Vincent Gallo, and was released in Japan in 1999.
It is a love story with music and the screenplay was written by Gallo. The story begins with the main character's release from prison. He spends his life pretending to his parents that he works for the government and lying to them. He does not even have a girlfriend, but he tells a series of lies, such as "I'm going to bring home a wife". To make the lie true, he kidnaps a woman who was in ballet class. He is so helplessly pathetic. However, the woman stays by his side and plays the role of his wife. He treats her badly, but she stays by his side the whole time. I watched this movie while getting angry at the main character many times, but the images and music are good enough to leave a lasting impression. I especially loved the picture of the two of them taken at the photo shop. What this movie changed for me is my sense of the value of love.
This movie was recommended to me by my high school teacher. He said "it's a man's romance", but I never understood it. This film taught me the difference between the male and female perspective.



           


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Scent of a Woman

Scent of a Woman is one of the movies that helped me grow as an adult woman. This movie is about the interaction between a blind ex-soldier ...